Dates: 19th – 29th May 2021
Are you looking for a breathtaking BJJ experience? Join us for a 10 day trip to Brazil, the mecca of Jiu Jitsu. This camp will be in 2 different locations Rio and Saquerema.
The starting point will be Rio and then with private transport participants will go Saquarema for 6 days where will stay in a private villa. Saquarema is known as the Brazilian capital of surfing for its perfect waves and indescribable beauty.
This camp welcomes people of all ages, sizes, and experience levels. Whether you are a new white belt or a 3rd-degree black belt, you WILL have a great time and learn powerful new details to take your Jiu Jitsu to the next level.
- Accommodation in Saquarema & Rio
- 2 Sessions of BJJ ( Gi & No-Gi ) per day
- Transportation provided from Rio to Saquarema and back
- Breakfast & Lunch included in Saquarema
- Visit Nova União Team HQ & UPPER Academy
- YOGA sessions with Elka Haeckel
- Conditioning with Aleksandro Ferreira
- Outdoor Activities ( Kayaking and Paddle Boarding )
Training with Black Belts from Nova União Team
Visit to Nova União Team HQ & UPPER Academy
Leo Ramos – Organizer
Brazilian JiuJitsu BlackBelt under Master Rodrigo Medeiros(Carlson Gracie) SD. Head Instructor at FightCapital Gym – Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Aleksandro Ferreira – Conditioning
Master in sports science – Portugal. Specialist Physiology of Exercise. Lecturer in the area of sports training
Elka Haeckel – Yoga Sessions
Founder & owner of Elka Yoga & Wellness Center, International Yoga Teacher Training Master, Life Coach, Meditation Ayurveda & Women’s Circle Leader elkayoga.com
Day 1 (May 19th – May 21st) – Arrivals
Day 3-7 ( May 21 – 26) – Training in Rio
Training officially begins. Example of the daily schedule below:
Day 7 (May 26) – Travel to Saquarema
- In the morning we will travel to Saquarema, the surfing capital of Brazil! (Transportation provided.)
Days 7 – 10 (May 26-29) –
Training and Surfing in Saquarema
- Training Schedule TBA
Last Day of Camp (May 29)
Time to return to Rio de Janiero (transportation provided) and then go home.
- Training is over 🙁
- Pack your bags and return to Rio
- If you have a late flight, get some more activities in!
- Safe flight home
- What happens if I pay and I can’t attend the camp, will I be refunded?
There is a $500 non-refundable deposit in addition to a €50 non-refundable payment processing fee. If you are unable to attend, let us know as soon as possible and you’ll have the remainder of your balance refunded.
- How I can pay?
Choose package and press BOOK NOW. Double check if you choose the desired package and press PROCEED TO CHECKOUT. Write your Billing details and choose payment method.
- What types of payments I can use?
You can pay using different payment options:
With Credit Card – Using Stripe Payment Processor or PayPal
With PayPal Profile
With Bank Transfer
- Is the plane ticket included?
No every participant needs to get a ticket.
- How do I get to Rio de Janiero, Brazil?
The closest airport to the venue of the camp is Santos Dumont Airport (SDU). From the airport we recommend you hire a taxi. If you would like assistance with arranging transport, you can contact us and we will do our best to help you.
- What language will the classes be in?
All classes will be in Portuguese, but English is spoken at the camp. Don’t worry if you don’t speak Portuguese, the classes are small and there will be plenty of people available to help ensure you understand!
- Is there an option for Vegetarian/ Vegan Food?
Yes there is, just let us know when you sign up for the camp and we will have it noted.
- I only train with/without Gi, will there be enough training for me?
Yes! We will have seminars with and without Gi. In addition to BJJ we will also be offering yoga classes.
- Can I bring my wife/husband who doesn’t train?
Yes of course! Your spouse or partner is welcome to attend! The cost is the same for all participants.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us!