Dates: April 9 – 16, 2021
Do you want to train in a tropical paradise and learn David Avellan’s kimura system? Look no further and book this exclusive 7 days retreat with a 3-hour training session each training day! You will learn a TON of techniques from David’s arsenal, such as the Kimura Trap System.
This camp welcomes people of all ages, sizes, and experience levels. Whether you are a new white belt or a 3rd-degree black belt, you WILL learn powerful new details to take your technique to the next level.
- 7 days in tropical paradise Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
- Complete Kimura system
- Question and Answer sessions
- 5 Days of Training with up to 10 Training Sessions (15+ Hours total)
- Plenty of planned adventures and available excursions (additional price) including surfing, paddle boarding, spearfishing, snorkeling, scuba diving, cruises, horseback riding, ATV adventures, hiking, white water rafting, zip-lining, and sky diving!
Training in a Tropical Paradise
The camp is being held on Costa Rica’s beautiful Pacific coast in the town of Tamarindo. Everything you need to enjoy a dream vacation is at your fingertips.
You can stay in a luxurious boutique hotel that has a pool and is just a few minutes away from the beach (0.5 miles) and all sorts of bars and restaurants (0.25 miles). There is no need to rent a car as the training facility is only 0.4 miles away!
You will need a lot of energy to fuel yourself, so we will provide a complimentary catered breakfast in your room every day.
Alternatively, you are welcome to join the camp and find your own place to stay locally. Tamarindo offers a variety of options for you to choose from.
Instructor: David Avellan
Co-Founder of FFA, BJJ Black Belt, ADCC World Championships 5x Veteran and 2009 Bronze Medalist, BodogFIGHT of the Night Winner, Creator of the World Famous Kimura Trap System
David Avellan is a world-renown martial artist and has been the coach to many stars such as BMF UFC Champion Jorge “Gamebred” Masvidal, Bellator Champs Phil Davis, and Michael Chandler, OneFC Champion Brandon Vera, IBJJF World Champs Keenan Cornelius & DJ Jackson, and many more. They all have gotten the chance to train one-on-one with David and have made huge leaps in their game as a result.
- Early Bird Promo: 27% Off + Kimura Trap System Online Course
- All training will be filmed, documented, and provided to students
- Q&A sessions, with discussion on the proper mindset required for excellence
- During Early Bird Special, get the Kimura Trap System Online Course Free
- Besides training, you will have a lot of activities to keep you entertained: surfing, paddle boarding, spearfishing, snorkeling, scuba diving, cruises, horseback riding, ATV adventures, hiking, white water rafting, zip-lining, and sky diving! (Additional Fees Apply)
- Kimura Mastery – Whether you are a white belt or a black belt – YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING NEW about the Kimura. David has had the honor of training with UFC World Champions, ADCC World Champions, and many BJJ Black belts that were stunned by how much they learned from his seminars.
- Take Down Counters – Wrestlers can be the bane of a BJJ fighters existence. The Kimura Trap System offers MANY counters to all forms of shots, back takes, and cage take downs. When you master the KTS you will find no one will want to shoot on you anymore for fear of the Kimura Trap. Add the Switch Series, which is a classic wrestling reversal that can be used in the same situations as Kimuras (especially when you can’t make the grip), and the Front Headlock Series and you will have tons of powerful options to counter take downs.
- Submission Hunters – The Kimura Trap System has one inevitable conclusion – submission. Whether it is a Kimura, arm bar, triangle choke, rear naked choke, leg lock, wrist lock, omoplata, or crucifix – you will find a way to get your opponent tapping out. The Back Trap System is another powerful finishing system against the turtle position, along with the Front Headlock Series, giving you many ways of finishing.
- Transition Skills – The Kimura Trap System is a controlled transition, where you know everything that will happen 3-5 steps ahead of your opponent. There are so many ways to start it, that it will give your transition game a whole new level. Likewise, the Back Trap System, Front Headlock Series, and the Switch Series follow simple progressions that you can count on.
- Game Planning – When starting out with the martial arts, it can be hard to know what strategy to execute, or even how to develop such a strategy. David’s technique series are fully fleshed out game plans that anyone can succeed with – just follow the steps to get the finish.
- All Ages, Genders, And Body Types – The great thing about the systems being taught is that it is not tailor made for one specific body type. They can work for you whether you are long and tall, short and stocky, flexible or stiff, young or experienced.
Day 1 (April 9 )
- Fly into Costa Rica from Liberia Airport (LIR)
- Transfer to Tamarindo
- Check into your room
- Enjoy Costa Rica! No official training on this day, so it is a good day to take part in some activities
Day 2-6 ( April 10-15)
Training officially begins. Example of the daily schedule below:
Day 7 (April 16)– check out
Time to go home, no seminars planned for that day.
- Training is over 🙁
- Pack your bags and check out
- If you have a late flight, get some more activities in!
- Transfer to airport for departure
- Safe flight home
Training and Lodging: Registration includes your training with David (5 three hour training sessions), 6 nights lodging, airport transfers, and daily breakfast.
Training Only: Registration includes your training with David (5 three hour training sessions)
What’s not included?
Training and Lodging: Your flight to Costa Rica, any activities you choose to take part in, and meals other than breakfast.
Training Only: Your flight to Costa Rica, lodging, airport transfers, any activities you choose to take part in, and meals.
How many spots are available?
ATTENTION LIMITED SPOTS: Only 20 students to the retreat.
What types of payments can I use?
You can pay using different payment options:
With Credit Card – Using Stripe Payment Processor or PayPal
With PayPal Profile
With Bank Transfer
Is the plane ticket included?
No, every participant needs to get a ticket.
Do I have to share a room?
No, if you purchase the lodging and training package you will have a room to yourself.
What language will the classes be in?
All classes will be in English.
What should I wear?
This will be a No Gi training retreat, so you can come in any exercise attire you feel comfortable with. We recommend bringing rash guards, board shorts, or spats to training, along with any safety gear such as mouthpieces or knee pads.
Practice proper mat hygiene and make sure you shower, clip your nails, and no shoes on the mat (unless they are wrestling shoes).
What about COVID-19?
This area of Costa Rica has not had many cases. However, the Costa Rican government is requiring special insurance that costs 10-15 dollars per day. We will provide you with the information you require to to obtain this insurance.
If COVID causes things to go sideways and we are forced to cancel the camp, we will give a full refund. Otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable but can be used toward a future camp if you have to cancel.
Can I bring my wife/husband who doesn’t train?
Yes, of course! If you have chosen our lodging package then there will be an additional charge of $500 to bring a non-training partner along to share a room.
If you choose the training only package, you will be responsible for your own lodging and transportation, you are welcome to bring as many people with you as you want. In that case we are only charging for training, so you are welcome to bring guests to enjoy Costa Rica.
Can rooms be shared by two people who are both participating in the camp?
Yes, you can share a room with your partner who trains. In this case you’ll pay for one full price ticket and one training-only ticket.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us!